Monday, November 24, 2008

Music Review: Fearless by Taylor Swift


Name: Fearless
Artist: Taylor Swift
Artist's Previous albums: Taylor Swift
Favorite songs: Love Story, You Belong with me, Fearless, Forever & Always, White Horse and Best Day.
Song by Song Review:

Fearless- 9.5/10 -- This song is alot of fun. :) I really like it :D

Favorite lyrics: "And I don't know why but with you I'd dance, in a storm, in my best dress, fearless."

Fifteen- 7/10 -- Sweet song about what she wished she knew when she was fifteen. Helpful how-to-guide for us fifteeners. :)

Favorite lyrics: "'Cause when you're fifteen and someone tells you they love you, you're gonna believe them."

Love Story- 10/10 -- Love Story = PERFECTION. Honestly. I heard this song about two months ago, bought it on iTunes, listened to it on repeat, and still I'm in love with it. Every girl's dream romance. :)

Favorite lyrics: "Romeo, save me. They're trying to tell me how to feel. This love is difficult, but it's real." and "You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess..."

Hey Stephen- 7/10 -- This is another sweet song. I really like it.

Favorite lyrics: "And I can't help it if you look like an angel."


White Horse- 8/10 -- Awesome song containing the lyrics, "And it's too late for you and your white horse to come around." It's a great prince charming song, but it's the princess saying the prince charming is too late.

Favorite lyrics: "I'm not a princess. This ain't a fairytale. I'm not the girl you'll sweep off her feet, lead her up the stairwell. This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town. I was a dreamer 'fore you came and let me down. Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around."

You Belong With me- 9.5/10 -- Another amazing song, so close to perfection. I can relate to this song, and I'm sure a good portion of teenage girls in the world can too. It's alot of fun to sing along with too. :)

Favorite lyrics: "She wears high-heels, I wear sneakers. She's cheer captain and I'm in the bleachers."

Breathe- 8/10 -- Not one of my favorites, but still really good. :)

Favorite lyrics: "And we know it's never simple, never easy. Never a clean break, no one here to save me."

Tell Me Why- 8/10 -- I kinda have the same feelings about this that I do about Breathe.

Favorite lyrics: "I took a chance, I took a shot. You might think I'm bulletproof, but I'm not."

You're Not Sorry- 9/10 -- I love love love this song :)

Favorite lyrics: "You don't have to call, I won't pick up the phone.This is the last straw, don't wanna hurt anymore. And you tell me that you're sorry, but I don't believe you baby like I did before. You're not sorry, nooo."

The Way I Loved You- 8/10 -- I reallllyyy like this song. :)

Favorite lyrics: "But I Miss Screamin' and fightin' and kissin' in the rain and it's 2am and I'm cursin' your name."

Forever & Always- 9/10 -- Sweet song. I really like it. ALOT!! (Like everyother song. *sigh*)

Favorite lyrics: "Was I out of line? Did I say something way too honest that made you run and hide like a little boy?"

The Best Day- 10/10 -- I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH! It reminds me of my relationship with my mommy. :) We're really really close. She's my best friend, my mentor and my confidante. She knows everything about me, even the stuff I don't know. We get into fights, and they are beastly at times, but she's still my best friend, the person I go to when I'm scared, sad, happy, or just need to talk. The has the best ears for listening and even better shoulders for crying. She always encourages me to shoot for the stars. She believes in me, especially when I don't.

Favorite lyrics: "Now I know why all the trees change in the fall. I know you were on my side even when I was wrong. And I love you for giving me your eyes, staying back and watching me shine and I didn't know if you knew." <--- Quick note: I do actually have my mommy's eyes. Everyone tells me they're the prettiest in the world. They're the one thing I love about myself. I

Change- 7/10 -- Ehhh. One of my least favorite songs. It's not Taylor's best.

Favorite lyrics: "They might be bigger, but we're faster and never scared."

Inappropriate lyrics: None.

Overall rating: 8.5/10

1 comment:

The Other Katie said...

Go Taylor, go Taylor! Nice review!

Change is a really good song but I think she did try a little too hard on the vocals.