Friday, July 3, 2009


Name: The Host


Author: Stephenie Meyer


Brief summary: The Host takes place in an alternate universe, a world where alien souls have taken over the earth, and each soul lives in a human body, their host. Melanie, a human, has just been taken over by an alien, Wanderer. Although they are not supposed to, Melanie still lives in her head, tormenting Wanderer. Wander falls in love with Melanie's love, Jared, and goes on a quest to find him and the rest of the humans that live undetected.

Grade/Age level: 15 and up

Cautions: This is a horrifying world. Just the idea of it gives one nightmares. There's some kissing, violence, gore, blood, etc.

If you like this book, you will also like… I have never read a book like The Host before...

Personal Opinion: Um. This is a hard book to decide whether I like or not. It was WAY sci-fi, like I didn't realize it was gonna be THIS Sci-Fi when I bought the book. Towards the end, I realized I kinda liked it, it was romantic. So, yeah.

Rating: 4/10


No comments: